iMac Bondi 233 and 6.0

M. Warner Losh imp at bsdimp.com
Sat Nov 5 23:39:02 PST 2005

In message: <436D34F4.50609 at freebsd.org>
            Peter Grehan <grehan at freebsd.org> writes:
: > [thread pid 0 tid 0 ]
: > stopped at 0x3d8f40: isync
: > db>
: >
: >  This is on an iMac bondi (G3 233MHz) that was running MAC OS 8.1.
: >
: > ideas?
:
:   Aargh I though I had that fixed in RC1 :( :(  Didn't test -RELEASE on
: a G3 :(  It's in pmap_bootstrap when doing the cut-over from
: OpenFirmware's management of VM to FreeBSD's. I thought it was
: instruction cache-alignment related but maybe not.
:
:   Would you be able to try RC1 ?
:
:     http://people.freebsd.org/~grehan/ppc_iso/6.0-RC1-powerpc-disc1.iso

Well, 7.0-20051105-current.iso worked, so I'll likely try to install
from that...  I need to tear apart the machine I got and install a
bigger hard disk first..

:  > but I can't interact with the debugger at all.
:
:   The keyboard doesn't work with the debugger that early in the boot
: since it's USB and hasn't been probed yet. I've thought in the past
: about modifying syscons so that the PROM could be used until USB is
: probed, but it's not pretty. However, it does allow 'boot -d' and
: diagnosis for these types of panics.

Yea.  That would be cool.

Warner