Port maintenance

Michael Gmelin freebsd at grem.de
Mon Jun 29 21:45:00 UTC 2020

> On 29. Jun 2020, at 23:20, Brandon helsley <brandon.helsley at hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> Okay, I use the nvidia 390 driver

That one is already maintained by danfe at .

> and nvidia-xsettings

I only see nvidia-xconfig and nvidia-settings, both which have no maintainer.

> , but they both have no maintainer. I read all the material about what the responsibilitys are for a maintainer and I think I can do a couple. I got a message from portscout about a couple of ports that needed updated. I didn't sign up for any yet but could start there. How do I set my email address to maintainer?

Assuming maintainership is done through sending in a patch in form of a PR (the handbook describes this).

I would recommend that you first open a few PRs with patches for one or two unmaintained ports, then, once you’re comfortable with the process (and committers are too, especially when it comes to attention to detail), you open a PR to take maintainership.

-m