Port maintenance

Jonathan Chen jonc at chen.org.nz
Mon Jun 29 21:46:11 UTC 2020

On Tue, 30 Jun 2020 at 09:20, Brandon helsley
<brandon.helsley at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Okay, I use the nvidia 390 driver and nvidia-xsettings, but they both have no maintainer. I read all the material about what the responsibilitys are for a maintainer and I think I can do a couple. I got a message from portscout about a couple of ports that needed updated. I didn't sign up for any yet but could start there. How do I set my email address to maintainer? I will begin soon after I reread the documentation for contributing to ports and maybe ask a few more questions as they arise.

The usual process is to submit an update (a fix or a version-update)
to the port via bugs.freebsd.org. If it has no maintainer and you're
willing to adopt it, your update will also change the MAINTAINER in
the Makefile.

Cheers.
--
Jonathan Chen <jonc at chen.org.nz>