devel/nexus2-oss upgrade to nexus3

Pete Wright pete at nomadlogic.org
Fri Feb 21 19:52:21 UTC 2020

On 2/21/20 12:29 AM, Michael Osipov wrote:
> Port maintainer here,
>
> I've been using Nexus 2 OSS for at least 5 years now on FreeBSD and it
> works like a charm.
>
> Please note that Nexus 2 and Nexus 3 are completely different products
> which only share the same name. They are technologically different.
> It will be a completely new port, nothing can be reused.
>
> I never had the need to do any upgrade because I only need Maven
> repository hosting. Just like oss.sonatype.org or the our Nexus instance
> at ASF.
>
> Is there anything specific in Nexus 3 you need?
>
> I'd be tempted to create a port, if and only if Nexus 2 will be
> unsupported by Sonatype.

Thanks for getting back to me Michael and clarifying things in regards
to the differences b/w v2 and v3.

I will be using this nexus server for our internal maven repository
(with upstream caching) initially, but the ultimate goal is to have this
server also host our internal NPM and PyPi repositories and upstream caches.

Since I'm doing the setup in a fresh environment I'd be happy to test
out a manual installation of nexus 3 and file a PR for a new port (if
the LOE isn't too huge to get it in the ports tree) for you to take a
look at if that sounds good.

cheers,
-pete

--