devel/nexus2-oss upgrade to nexus3

Michael Osipov 1983-01-06 at gmx.net
Fri Feb 21 22:40:23 UTC 2020

Am 2020-02-21 um 20:52 schrieb Pete Wright:

> On 2/21/20 12:29 AM, Michael Osipov wrote:
>> Port maintainer here,
>>
>> I've been using Nexus 2 OSS for at least 5 years now on FreeBSD and it
>> works like a charm.
>>
>> Please note that Nexus 2 and Nexus 3 are completely different products
>> which only share the same name. They are technologically different.
>> It will be a completely new port, nothing can be reused.
>>
>> I never had the need to do any upgrade because I only need Maven
>> repository hosting. Just like oss.sonatype.org or the our Nexus instance
>> at ASF.
>>
>> Is there anything specific in Nexus 3 you need?
>>
>> I'd be tempted to create a port, if and only if Nexus 2 will be
>> unsupported by Sonatype.
>
> Thanks for getting back to me Michael and clarifying things in regards
> to the differences b/w v2 and v3.
>
> I will be using this nexus server for our internal maven repository
> (with upstream caching) initially, but the ultimate goal is to have this
> server also host our internal NPM and PyPi repositories and upstream
> caches.

This makes, then you have to use Nexus 3.

> Since I'm doing the setup in a fresh environment I'd be happy to test
> out a manual installation of nexus 3 and file a PR for a new port (if
> the LOE isn't too huge to get it in the ports tree) for you to take a
> look at if that sounds good.

Consider that have have explicitly chosen as directories to be named
with nexus2, but the system user nexus to have both products live
side-by-side and ease the migration with the same permissions.

I also checked the tarball, the layout is completely different and the
start script is really weird. They don't even use JSW anymore. It is
going to be a lot of work...

Michael