[CFT] pkgpackagekit (GSoC: PackageKit backend for pkgng)

Matthew Windsor mbw500 at york.ac.uk
Sun Sep 22 08:41:27 UTC 2013

Hi,

I've tried installing gnome-packagekit myself, and it seems to work
for me (in that gpk-application starts and shows the (very few)
packages from pkgbeta).  I'll try changing repo, installing and
removing later to see if those work but it looks like it's picked up
the backend properly.  What did you change the default backend to? (I
might have made a mistake with that, I'm not sure)

Silly question, but did you enable dbus in /etc/rc.conf, and how did
you go about installing the port (did it install into the usual
prefix, etc?)

Thanks for the tip re: the pkg-plist.  It's my first port, so I'm not
yet quite sure what I'm doing!

~ Matt