[CFT] pkgpackagekit (GSoC: PackageKit backend for pkgng)

Ruslan Makhmatkhanov cvs-src at yandex.ru
Fri Sep 20 19:38:07 UTC 2013

Matthew Windsor wrote on 20.09.2013 23:07:
> Hi,
>
> This is the first time I've ever done anything related to ports, so
> apologies if I'm going about this in the wrong way!
>
> I've been working on a PackageKit backend for Google Summer of Code
> 2013, and I'm now at a position where I'd like a call for testing on
> the port that is the end result of the project.  The port currently
> lives in the socsvn repository (URL below, in the /port directory); an
> attempt at a directory patch containing the port is below.

That is great news, thank you!

It doesn't seems work with gnome-packagekit, but to be honest I may not
pay much detail to wiki page. Just changed default backend in
PackageKit.conf and this is all. Will read more tomorrow.

As for the port, I'd say one-line pkg-plists are not nice, you may
consider to put this entry to PLIST_FILES in Makefile instead. You also
may add LICENSE knob to define what license this port is using.

Thanks.

--
Regards,
Ruslan