Update GnuTLS

Roman Bogorodskiy novel at FreeBSD.org
Thu Sep 1 04:11:36 UTC 2011

  Kurt Jaeger wrote:

> > GnuTLS has been updated. URL:
> > <http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.encryption.gpg.gnutls.devel/5243>
> >
> > I was wondering if there is any work being done on getting the new
> > version into the ports tree. GnuTLS 3.0.x branch replaces the GnuTLS
> > 2.12.x branch as the supported stable branch. The experimental 2.99.x
> > branch is now probably comatose as well.
>
> gnutls-3.0.1 needs p11-kit in version 0.4 or newer, maybe that's why
> we're still at 2.x ?
>
> And re-testing the whole dependencies on that -- sounds like a
> close call for 9.0-REL...

Hello,

p11-kit is not a main issue indeed.

First of all, I'd prefer to wait some time and see what kind of
problems gnutls users have with the new branch since it's quite new
still, the first 3.0 release was just about one months ago.

And yes, it takes some time to build-test all the dependencies and
additionally it's nice to be able to run-test all the stuff (which I
obviously cannot do), so I just test a number of more or less popular
ports in runtime, but it almost always happens that some of the ports
end up broken after update.

So I would prefer to wait with the update a couple of weeks. Or, if
there's an urgent need I may consider adding it as gnutls3 meanwhile.

Roman Bogorodskiy