lang/gnat-gcc41 build error

Petr Holub hopet at ics.muni.cz
Sun Dec 24 16:24:29 PST 2006

> GNAT/GPL and GNAT/GCC are two different products. I made
> gnat-gcc* ports as an experimental alternative to the gnat
> port (GNAT 2005/GPL). They are not meant to be complete or
> supported neither they are expected to pass all the tests.
> These are actually not the problems of the porting process
> but development of the GCC itself, so I suggest you find
> more on their mailing lists.

Well, I've found even more interesting problem with this ACAT
test c94002f, which keeps hanging. When it's compiled with
xgcc (part of the ACAT test during 'make check'), it really
hangs indefinitely. However, when compiled with the gcc41
installed into ${PREFIX}/bin/gcc41 as a part of the
lang/gnat-gcc41 installation, the test just passes OK.
This is confusing for me - I'd assume that the tests are
done using the same compilers as the ones installed...

(This has nothing to do with GNAT 2005/GPL port, which I know
it's distinct.)

Petr