lang/gnat-gcc41 build error

Karel Miklav karel at lovetemple.net
Mon Dec 11 14:21:07 PST 2006

Petr,

GNAT/GPL and GNAT/GCC are two different products. I made
gnat-gcc* ports as an experimental alternative to the gnat
port (GNAT 2005/GPL). They are not meant to be complete or
supported neither they are expected to pass all the tests.
These are actually not the problems of the porting process
but development of the GCC itself, so I suggest you find
more on their mailing lists.

 > BTW - why is gnat-gcc34 dependent on perl, while
 > gnat-gcc41 is dependent on libiconv? Is this correct?

Perl dependency is probably inherited from the gnat port,
I do not remember ATM. I'll take a look at this, but you
could also try to prove it yourself and post the results
here. Libiconv is part of the GCC 4.1 build process,
don't ask me about the details :)

 > I think we should also modify the dependent ports like
 > gtkada and xmlada (I need to resurrect this one...) to
 > support both gnat 2005 and gnat-gcc41. Further I should
 > upgrade gtkada to 2.8.0 and probably we should upgrade
 > florist and asis and create compatible port for glade and
 > maybe add aws port (nice to have for building web
 > services in Ada easily).

I admire your enthusiasm. Please take a look at Martin
Krischik's site at http://ada.krischik.com/index.php and
bring back the subject on comp.lang.ada.

--

Regards,
Karel Miklav