I run poudriere - what do I need to do once ports switch over to git?

Rainer Duffner rainer at ultra-secure.de
Wed Apr 7 15:20:08 UTC 2021

> Am 07.04.2021 um 17:08 schrieb Michael Grimm <trashcan at ellael.org>:
>
> Rainer Duffner <rainer at ultra-secure.de> wrote
>
>>> Am 07.04.2021 um 16:45 schrieb Michael Grimm <trashcan at ellael.org>:
>
>>> Mine is: FREEBSD_HOST=https://cgit.freebsd.org/ports.git
>
>> It was:
>>
>> FREEBSD_HOST=http://ftp5.de.freebsd.org
>>
>> Changing it to you setting does not change the outcome, unfortunately.
>
> [same error message]
>
>> Is there a way to see what it actually wants to do with git?
>
> Go to your ports directory and check your config by:
>
> 	mwn> git config -l
> 	user.name=Michael Grimm
> 	user.mail=trashcan at ellael.org
> 	core.repositoryformatversion=0
> 	core.filemode=true
> 	core.bare=false
> 	core.logallrefupdates=true
> check this url:
> 	remote.origin.url=https://git.freebsd.org/ports.git
> 	remote.origin.fetch=+refs/heads/*:refs/remotes/origin/*
> 	branch.main.remote=origin
> 	branch.main.merge=refs/heads/main
>
> I did check and 'poudriere ports -v -u' doesn't use the above mentioned FREEBSD_HOST at all.
> Sorry for the noise.

Well, 2021Q2 does not exist in /usr/local/poudriere/ports, yet. Probably because checking out the sources doesn’t work….

> As mentioned before I didn't follow this thread from the beginning.
>
> Here what I did for following main (change this to 2021Q2):
>
> #) install devel/git at tiny
> #) git clone https://git.freebsd.org/ports.git --branch main /usr/home/poudriere/ports/default
>
> Done.
>
> Regards,
> Michael

Do I really need clone the repo outside of poudriere?

I thought this is poudriere ports -c is supposed to do?

The poudriere documentation is rather sparse on the use of git so far…

Rainer