I run poudriere - what do I need to do once ports switch over to git?

Michael Grimm trashcan at ellael.org
Wed Apr 7 15:08:07 UTC 2021

Rainer Duffner <rainer at ultra-secure.de> wrote

>> Am 07.04.2021 um 16:45 schrieb Michael Grimm <trashcan at ellael.org>:

>> Mine is: FREEBSD_HOST=https://cgit.freebsd.org/ports.git

> It was:
>
> FREEBSD_HOST=http://ftp5.de.freebsd.org
>
> Changing it to you setting does not change the outcome, unfortunately.

[same error message]

> Is there a way to see what it actually wants to do with git?

Go to your ports directory and check your config by:

	mwn> git config -l
	user.name=Michael Grimm
	user.mail=trashcan at ellael.org
	core.repositoryformatversion=0
	core.filemode=true
	core.bare=false
	core.logallrefupdates=true
check this url:
	remote.origin.url=https://git.freebsd.org/ports.git
	remote.origin.fetch=+refs/heads/*:refs/remotes/origin/*
	branch.main.remote=origin
	branch.main.merge=refs/heads/main

I did check and 'poudriere ports -v -u' doesn't use the above mentioned FREEBSD_HOST at all.
Sorry for the noise.

As mentioned before I didn't follow this thread from the beginning.

Here what I did for following main (change this to 2021Q2):

#) install devel/git at tiny
#) git clone https://git.freebsd.org/ports.git --branch main /usr/home/poudriere/ports/default

Done.

Regards,