I run poudriere - what do I need to do once ports switch over to git?

Michael Grimm trashcan at ellael.org
Wed Apr 7 15:44:37 UTC 2021

Rainer Duffner <rainer at ultra-secure.de> wrote
>> Am 07.04.2021 um 17:08 schrieb Michael Grimm <trashcan at ellael.org>:

> Well, 2021Q2 does not exist in /usr/local/poudriere/ports, yet. Probably because checking out the sources doesn’t work….

Yes.

>> Here what I did for following main (change this to 2021Q2):
>>
>> #) install devel/git at tiny
>> #) git clone https://git.freebsd.org/ports.git --branch main /usr/home/poudriere/ports/default
>>
>> Done.

> Do I really need clone the repo outside of poudriere?
>
> I thought this is poudriere ports -c is supposed to do?
>
> The poudriere documentation is rather sparse on the use of git so far…

Honestly, I didn't even think about using poudriere to fill my /usr/home/poudriere/ports/default repo, because I have been doing the same during the migration for /usr/src from svn to git. And because I am following main, I will only have to do this once ;-)

Sorry, but I am lost here. I do not know how to use poudriere's functionality to achieve what you want to do. Others need to help.

Regards,
Michael