page fault in igb on 8.1

Nikolay Dmukha cosmic17 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 13 04:42:41 UTC 2010

I apply the patch from maillist
http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-current/2009-November/013355.html
on my test server. But there is OS FreeBSD-8.0 on it (I don`t try this patch
on FreeBSD-8.1 yet). Now I haven`t got "GET BUF" error while booting my
server.
I have completed 3 tests:
1. version of igb divers - 1.7.3 - there are no problems;
2. version of igb divers - 1.7.4 - there are no problems too;
3. version of igb divers - 1.8.4 - there are some problems - I can explore
only "yandex.ru" site (maybe another too, but I try to explore mail.ru,
speedtest.net, google.com, youtube.com - nothing. But I can ping these sites
by DNS-name and can see the replies from this sites through utility
"tcpdump"). Very strange.
Now I apply this patch on our working server. I hope there are no any
problems in production.
I can send you result as soon as possibly.
Nicolas.