Problem with igb(4) updated to version 2.0.7

Eugene Grosbein egrosbein at rdtc.ru
Sat Dec 4 09:31:21 UTC 2010

On 04.12.2010 04:00, Jack Vogel wrote:
> There are pros and cons either way you do things. I was talking to some
> of our
> Linux crew, they recently changed things so it would shut down the phy,
> but that
> doesn't always make everyone happy either.

Of course, that should be made optional with default 'keep link on'
due to POLA.

> Just saying that my FreeBSD drivers have not done so forever :)

Glad to know it's technically possible. I'd like to patch my tree
manually to get this behavour right now. What direction should I take -
use ACPI D3 or something else? I need to brink link down per-port
for dual-port cards.

Eugene Grosbein