lost routes

Bruce M. Simpson bms at FreeBSD.org
Wed Sep 24 14:55:25 UTC 2008

Giulio Ferro wrote:

> There are no messages in the logs, and no interface has been
> touched. Anyway, since there are a lot of routes and only one
> gets deleted I don't think it depends on interface changing
> (it would delete them all, wouldn't it?)

Normally static routes only get touched if the state of the underlying
ifp/ifa changes. There are paths in netinet which will cause routes to
be deleted in this situation.

Occasionally the idea of a floating static re-surfaces... look in the PR
database with this term for possibly related reports.

cheers
BMS