SCP/SFTP Brain Fart

Tony Holmes tony at crosswinds.net
Thu Jun 19 12:03:24 UTC 2008

Ok, I'm having a n00b moment here.

I have jails and dedicated servers set up with various FreeBSD flavours
(4.11, 6.2, 7) on i386 and amd64.

Some systems I have no problems with scp/sftping to.  Others I get this:

tony at devel  ~
7:49am > scp foo.tar.gz tony at admin:~/
Password:
stty: stdin isn't a terminal
Exit 1
Exit 1

I get this across all the flavours/archs so it appears to be a setup/config
issue. I've compared ssh configs with the working systems, but I see nothing
and am stymied.

Tried googling and no luck finding any answers so I am now pleading for
someone to help me and give me the pointy hat :)

--
Tony Holmes

Ph: (416) 993-1219

Founder and Senior Systems Architect