kern/124753: net80211 discards power-save queue packets early

Sepherosa Ziehau sepherosa at gmail.com
Thu Jun 19 13:50:26 UTC 2008

On Thu, Jun 19, 2008 at 6:30 PM,  <remko at freebsd.org> wrote:
> Synopsis: net80211 discards power-save queue packets early
>
> Responsible-Changed-From-To: freebsd-i386->freebsd-net
> Responsible-Changed-By: remko
> Responsible-Changed-When: Thu Jun 19 10:29:47 UTC 2008
> Responsible-Changed-Why:
> reassign to networking team.

In How-To-Repeat, you said:
"Then associate a recent Windows Mobile 6.1 device to the FreeBSD box
running hostapd ..."

In Description, you said:
"The WM6.1 device recv ps-poll's for packets every 20 seconds ..."

AFAIK, STA sends ps-poll to AP; AP does not send ps-poll to STA.  Why
did your windows STA receive ps-poll from freebsd AP?  Did you capture
it by using 802.11 tap?

And which freebsd driver were you using?

Your problem looks like:
- Either freebsd AP did not properly configure TIM in beacons, which
could be easily found out by using 802.11 tap.  But I highly suspect
if you were using ath(4), TIM would be misconfigured.
- Or your windows STA didn't process TIM according to 802.11 standard.

Best Regards,
sephe

--
Live Free or Die