Redundant/failover NFS servers - stale NFS file handle

Oliver Fromme olli at lurza.secnetix.de
Fri Aug 18 09:14:13 UTC 2006

Attila Nagy wrote:
 > Oliver Fromme wrote:
 > > We use NetApp Filer clusters (NAS) for that purpose.
 > > They aren't cheap, but they work very well.
 >
 > I don't like blackboxes with nice GUIs. :)

But they do exactly what you need.  I doubt that you can
build the same functionality with Linux.  BTW, I never use
the GUI.  I just log into them with ssh; works perfectly
fine.  It's only seldomly required anyway, once the boxes
are set up and running.

BTW, as far as I know, they run a BSD-derived embedded OS
(with micro kernel?), so there's at least a little bit of
BSD in that "blackbox".  ;-)

Best regards
   Oliver

cat man du : where Unix geeks go when they die