Intel/Pro Wireless 3945ABG working! now slow :(

Doug Barton dougb at FreeBSD.org
Sun Mar 22 12:20:07 PDT 2009

Jason Nordwick wrote:
> Thanks for all the help, but this didn't help at all. It is either slow
> or I get a page of no route to host messages from ping when trying to
> ping my wireless router (and it does support 11g). I think their might
> be a syntax error on one of the lines you gave me,

There isn't, read the man page for wpi. BTW, I forgot to add that you
should take out the ifconfig_wpi0 line that you had in your rc.conf.

>> Try doing this instead:
>> wlans_wpi0=wlan0
>> ifconfig_wlan0="DHCP ssid mamalinz mode 11g"

If that doesn't work for you, you'll need to upgrade to the latest
-stable. If you need help with that check the handbook, and/or ask on
freebsd-questions at freebsd.org.

Doug