Intel/Pro Wireless 3945ABG working! now slow :(

Vincent Hoffman vince at unsane.co.uk
Mon Mar 23 15:04:13 PDT 2009

On 22/3/09 19:20, Doug Barton wrote:
> Jason Nordwick wrote:
>
>> Thanks for all the help, but this didn't help at all. It is either slow
>> or I get a page of no route to host messages from ping when trying to
>> ping my wireless router (and it does support 11g). I think their might
>> be a syntax error on one of the lines you gave me,
>>

> There isn't, read the man page for wpi. BTW, I forgot to add that you
> should take out the ifconfig_wpi0 line that you had in your rc.conf.
>

>>> Try doing this instead:
>>> wlans_wpi0=wlan0
>>> ifconfig_wlan0="DHCP ssid mamalinz mode 11g"
>>>

> If that doesn't work for you, you'll need to upgrade to the latest
> -stable. If you need help with that check the handbook, and/or ask on
> freebsd-questions at freebsd.org.

I dont think the wlan vap stuff has been merged to -STABLE (nothing in
UPDATING anyway,)
so as far as I know its still ifconfig_wpi0=  in -STABLE. Current config
is as Doug says and has been since last april.
I'm about to update a server at home from 7.1 to -STABLE so I'd be
interested to know if i'm wrong.

Vince