Tomcat apache java freebsd Ugh!

Matthew Seaman m.seaman at infracaninophile.co.uk
Thu Jun 10 20:54:13 GMT 2004

On Thu, Jun 10, 2004 at 04:23:40PM -0400, Gerald wrote:

> Java apparently is supposed to work nicely on FreeBSD. It's even got a
> mailing list dedicated to it. After jumping through hoops to get the port
> version of jdk14 installed (not the linux one) I have a working Tomcat +
> jdk14 on freebsd 4.8.
>
> I'm looking to hook tomcat in to apache now so I can let apache do the
> SSL. I see there is a port mod_webapp but it did many odd things to me and
> in short is not working at the moment.

mod_webapp is only one possibility -- and I believe it's quite old,
and the jakarta docs list it as deprecated:

    http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-4.1-doc/config/connectors.html

Look at mod_jk or (the default in Tomcat 4.1) mod_jk2 as an
alternative:

    http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-4.1-doc/jk2/index.html

The Jk stuff is well represented in ports: take your pick from:

    www/mod_jk
    www/mod_jk-apache2
    www/mod_jk2
    www/mod_jk2-apache2