ant script annoyances

Herve Quiroz herve.quiroz at esil.univ-mrs.fr
Thu Sep 11 06:33:45 PDT 2003

Ernst,

Although I was quite fond of the current behaviour when you implemented
it, I just faced the problem last night and I found it very annoying.

But you're right, many people (just as me) are used to this feature now.
So there should be a quick and simple way to have ant continue to
include all installed JARs in the classpath.

What about a simple ANT_CLASSPATH_ALL variable ?

If defined, the ant shell script adds the JARs from JAVASHAREDIR in the
classpath (as it does in the current implementation). If not, the script
acts as the original ant script (the one from Apache's former release).

Then adding ANT_CLASSPATH support would be easy (and transparent to the
final user).

Herve