ant script annoyances

Ernst de Haan ernst.dehaan at nl.wanadoo.com
Thu Sep 11 02:10:42 PDT 2003

Jonathan, Herve,

Okay, if this behaviour is really causing Ant to behave incompatible on
FreeBSD, which it is, then we should rollback. We all agree on this.

On the other hand, it must be _very_ easy to keep the current behaviour, if
a person would like this. (S)he should only have to make a one-time change
to get this behaviour for a single account or for all accounts on the
machine. Do you agree?

The easiest way to implement this, is to have a single environment variable
that enables this behaviour if set. A person can then set this in
/etc/profile or in ~/.profile. I know this is notas nifty as an ant-config
command, but it's simple and effective. What do you think of this
alternative?

Ernst