Hardware RAID 1 management tools

Jeremiah Foster jeremiah.foster at clickstore.se
Fri Aug 25 08:39:16 UTC 2006

On Fri, 2006-08-25 at 15:27 +0800, Andrew I Baznikin wrote:

> Smarttools can monitor SMART attributes on harddisks, do offline testing and so on.

Thanks Andrew!

I installed smartmontools, ran the smartctl with -s on and -T permissive
and got an error message: "unable to fetch IEC (SMART) mode page
[Operation not permitted]"

You know you are in deep water when Google has no information:

http://www.google.se/search?hs=f5B&hl=en&client=firefox&rls=org.mozilla%
3Aen-US%3Aunofficial&q=%22unable+to+fetch+IEC+%28SMART%29+mode+page+%
5BOperation+not+permitted%5D%22&btnG=Search

Time to talk to the developers of Smartmontools I guess.

Jeremiah