FreeBSD router on a USB flash drive?

Roman Volf volfman at keystreams.com
Wed Jan 21 23:50:54 PST 2004

The fewer moving parts in a router, the better. Flash drives have no
moving parts and should have a lower probability of failure. Something
you should look into, Christoffer, are pcmcia-to-ide and also CF-to-IDE
adapters. You can get a cheaper Compact Flash card, plug it in, and the
computer thinks that its a normal IDE HD. They cost about $40 for the
adapters plus the price of the flash card.

Roman Volf

--
Roman Volf
Keystreams Internet Solutions