isdntrace - getting old output format back?

Hans Petter Selasky hselasky at c2i.net
Thu Jun 26 20:18:06 UTC 2008

On Thursday 26 June 2008, Torfinn Ingolfsen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Mon, Jun 23, 2008 at 12:01 AM, Hans Petter Selasky <hselasky at c2i.net>
wrote:
> > Hi again,
> >
> > I think this issue has been fixed, but you need to use to stuff from SVN.
> > The 1.5.10 package is too old! And you need to use FreeBSD 6+ .
>
> Ok, I finally got the old machine[1] upgraded to FreeBSD 6.3-stable,
> and installed the latest ISDN4BSD from svn (revision 755).
> Both isdntrace and isdndecode still uses the new output format
> (text-formatted hexdump with annotations). I tried all switches /
> options on isdndecode but couldn't get it to output the old text
> format. Is there something I have overlooked?
>
> To be precise, the call-logd script expects strings like the following
> (it greps for them):
> called party number: 99999999
> calling party number: 99999999
>
> where '99999999' will be the actual number calling / called.
>
> Is it possible to get either isdntrace or isdndecode to output that format?

Hi Torfinn,

I think I patched "isdnd" some time back. The logfiles from "isdnd" should
have that format.

BTW: It is not very difficult to write a small CAPI 2.0 application that
listens for calls and then prints them out in any format you like. I can make
such an application in no time. How about "capimonitor" ?

--HPS