help with ISDN line setup

Hans Petter Selasky hselasky at c2i.net
Fri Jul 6 16:31:53 UTC 2007

On Friday 06 July 2007 09:47, zytek-lists at nuxi.pl wrote:
> > Tell us a little more about your setup.
>
> Currently we have 2 analog devices connected to our NT and also Asterisk
> Box through ISDN card. Old phones are working, when I plug ISDN phone to
> the Asterisk's cable - it works fine.
>
> On DRVR_D_CHANNEL, when analog phone is active, isdndecode shows this, very
> fast flow:
>
> -- NT->TE - unit:00 --------------- time:06.07 09:30:49.232825
> ----------------
> L1 STATE: F7: Activated
>
> -- NT->TE - unit:00 --------------- time:06.07 09:30:49.233061
> ----------------
> L1 STATE: F6: Syncronized
>
> -- NT->TE - unit:00 --------------- time:06.07 09:30:49.233567
> ----------------
> L1 STATE: F8: Lost framing
> .
> .
> .
>
> When analog phones are not active and I run capitest:
>
> -- NT->TE - unit:00 --------------- time:06.07 09:34:32.076991
> ----------------
> L1 STATE: F4: Awaiting signal
>
> -- NT->TE - unit:00 --------------- time:06.07 09:34:32.077401
> ----------------
> L1 STATE: F5: Identifying input
>
> -- NT->TE - unit:00 --------------- time:06.07 09:34:36.076353
> ----------------
> L1 STATE: F3: Deactivated
>
> dmesg: i4b-L3 cd_set_state: cdid=960, persistent L1 deactivation - check
> ISDN cable
>

> Setting pcm_master mode fails, but setting SS1_P2P_TE works:
>

> [root at asterisk /usr/local/etc/asterisk.backup]# isdnconfig -u 0 -p
> DRVR_DSS1_TE pcm_master
> isdnconfig: Hardware does not support options 0x00000008 (ignored): Unknown
> error: 0
>
> isdndecode output when running capitest on this setting:
>
> -- NT->TE - unit:00 --------------- time:06.07 09:36:47.368785
> ----------------
> L1 STATE: F4: Awaiting signal
>
> -- NT->TE - unit:00 --------------- time:06.07 09:36:47.369573
> ----------------
> L1 STATE: F5: Identifying input
>
> -- NT->TE - unit:00 --------------- time:06.07 09:36:51.368336
> ----------------
> L1 STATE: F3: Deactivated
>
> When analog phones are active, there's the same "storm" like on D_CHANNEL.
>
> Some ideas? Could this depend on NT setting, should I call our operator?

Hi,

Your setup is like this, right?

[Telcom] <-> [NTBA] <-> [HFC-S PCI A card] <-> [I4B]

It might be that your ISDN cable needs a resistor.

Maybe you could try the following. Build the ISDN crossover cable that is
described in "man ihfc". Then execute the following command:

isdnconfig -u 0 -p DRVR_DSS1_NT power_on

Then connect your equipment like this:

[Your ISDN phone] <-> [ISDN crossover cable] <-> [HFC-S PCI A card] <-> [I4B]

Run:

capitest -u 0 -o 333

for example. In another window have "isdndecode -u 0 -i -o -x" running.

Does your ISDN phone ring?

If not, then try dialing from the ISDN phone while "capitest" is running.

Watch the window where "isdndecode" is running.

--HPS