help with ISDN line setup

zytek-lists at nuxi.pl zytek-lists at nuxi.pl
Fri Jul 6 07:47:40 UTC 2007

> Tell us a little more about your setup.

Currently we have 2 analog devices connected to our NT and also Asterisk
Box through ISDN card. Old phones are working, when I plug ISDN phone to
the Asterisk's cable - it works fine.

On DRVR_D_CHANNEL, when analog phone is active, isdndecode shows this, very
fast flow:

-- NT->TE - unit:00 --------------- time:06.07 09:30:49.232825
----------------
L1 STATE: F7: Activated

-- NT->TE - unit:00 --------------- time:06.07 09:30:49.233061
----------------
L1 STATE: F6: Syncronized

-- NT->TE - unit:00 --------------- time:06.07 09:30:49.233567
----------------
L1 STATE: F8: Lost framing
.
.
.

When analog phones are not active and I run capitest:

-- NT->TE - unit:00 --------------- time:06.07 09:34:32.076991
----------------
L1 STATE: F4: Awaiting signal

-- NT->TE - unit:00 --------------- time:06.07 09:34:32.077401
----------------
L1 STATE: F5: Identifying input

-- NT->TE - unit:00 --------------- time:06.07 09:34:36.076353
----------------
L1 STATE: F3: Deactivated

dmesg: i4b-L3 cd_set_state: cdid=960, persistent L1 deactivation - check
ISDN cable

Setting pcm_master mode fails, but setting SS1_P2P_TE works:

[root at asterisk /usr/local/etc/asterisk.backup]# isdnconfig -u 0 -p
DRVR_DSS1_TE pcm_master
isdnconfig: Hardware does not support options 0x00000008 (ignored): Unknown
error: 0

isdndecode output when running capitest on this setting:

-- NT->TE - unit:00 --------------- time:06.07 09:36:47.368785
----------------
L1 STATE: F4: Awaiting signal

-- NT->TE - unit:00 --------------- time:06.07 09:36:47.369573
L1 STATE: F5: Identifying input

-- NT->TE - unit:00 --------------- time:06.07 09:36:51.368336
L1 STATE: F3: Deactivated

When analog phones are active, there's the same "storm" like on D_CHANNEL.

Some ideas? Could this depend on NT setting, should I call our operator?

--
Jakub Glazik