help with ISDN line setup

zytek-lists at nuxi.pl zytek-lists at nuxi.pl
Mon Jul 9 09:30:45 UTC 2007

> Hi,
>
> Your setup is like this, right?
>
> [Telcom] <-> [NTBA] <-> [HFC-S PCI A card] <-> [I4B]

Yes, exactly.

> It might be that your ISDN cable needs a resistor.

Resistor? Could you be more verbose?

> Maybe you could try the following. Build the ISDN crossover cable that is
> described in "man ihfc". Then execute the following command:
>
> isdnconfig -u 0 -p DRVR_DSS1_NT power_on
>
> Then connect your equipment like this:
>
> [Your ISDN phone] <-> [ISDN crossover cable] <-> [HFC-S PCI A card] <->
[I4B]

I have tried but the phone does NOT power on. I have double checked the
cable I have made, it's OK (checked with cable tester). Card was in
power_save: off. The telephone was dead.

There is one jumper on the card, I will power off computer and see
what it is responsible for. Lost the card's manual. :)

--
Jakub Glazik