MultiTech MT128SA

Terry Glanfield Terry.Glanfield at program-products.co.uk
Tue Jul 22 12:41:34 PDT 2003

Hi,

> ISA cards are currently not probed at first. So the resources an ISA card claims
> will not be freed before the ``isa_pnp_probe()'' is called. Why the probe
> order is like it is, I don't know. Maybe someone else can explain that.
> In my opinion ISA cards should be probed at first, though at least in my kernel,
> PCI cards are probed at first. The reason you get ``vend_id == 0'' means the
> card is probed as ISA and not PnP.
>
> Try
>
> device isic
>
> instead in your kernel configuration file.

Trying this, with options DYNALINK, results in isa_pnp_probe() not
being called and gives the boot messages at the start of this thread,
notably:
	ASU1688: adding io range 0x100-0x3ff, size=0x8, align=0x8
	ASU1688: adding irq mask 0x9e38
	ASU1688: adding irq mask 0000
	isa_probe_children: disabling PnP devices
	isa_probe_children: probing non-PnP devices
	isa_probe_children: probing PnP devices
	unknown: <ISDN CARD ....> can't assign resources
	unknown: <ISDN CARD ....> at port 0x100-0x107 irq 9 on isa0

I now have the chip details which might help:

	SIEMENS PSB 2186N V1.1 ISAC-S TE
	SIEMENS PSB 21525 N HSCX TE V2.1
	ST L3037FN-B6 W22HK9810

I'm currently trying 5.1 which might shed some light on it.

Regards,
Terry.