MultiTech MT128SA

Hans Petter Selasky & hselasky at c2i.net
Tue Jul 22 12:03:45 PDT 2003

Hi,

ISA cards are currently not probed at first. So the resources an ISA card claims
will not be freed before the ``isa_pnp_probe()'' is called. Why the probe
order is like it is, I don't know. Maybe someone else can explain that.
In my opinion ISA cards should be probed at first, though at least in my kernel,
PCI cards are probed at first. The reason you get ``vend_id == 0'' means the
card is probed as ISA and not PnP.

Try

device isic

instead in your kernel configuration file.

On Tue, Jul 22, 2003 at 03:59:30PM +0100, Terry Glanfield wrote:

> Hi Hans,
>
> Hans Petter Selasky & <hselasky at c2i.net> writes:
> > The isic driver will not probe all PnP cards supported by default,
> > though it should. Assuming you are using the isic driver try adding:
> >
> > device isic
> > options DYNALINK
> >
> > to the kernel config file. See `man isic` section Dynalink IS64PH for
> > more information.
>
> This is what I've tried.  I've also put tracing in isic_pnp_probe and
> have confirmed that is it not being called.
>
> If I configure something like:
>
> 	device isic0 at isa? port 0x100 irq 5
>
> (which I know is not the right thing to do) then isic_pnp_probe is
> called but vend_id has a value of 0.
>
> That is why I'm suspecting the pnpinfo.
>
> Regards,
> Terry.