Install problem HP integrity rx2660(Montecito)

Marcel Moolenaar xcllnt at mac.com
Wed Apr 4 16:55:40 UTC 2007

On Apr 4, 2007, at 12:47 AM, Richard Walter wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'am new with itanium boxes and freebsd. I tried to install freebsd
> 7.0
> 03/2007 snapshot on a HP rx2660 and have the problem, that
> installation hangs
> at message "Trying to mount root from ufs:/dev/md0".
> I have the same problem with freebsd 6.2.
> Is this a bug or do i have made something wrong?

The problem is that you don't have a console. Only uart0 is
found and that's the debug port. You have a remote management
card that has the console, but the card is not detected:

> pci0: <simple comms> at device 1.1 (no driver attached)
> pci0: <simple comms, UART> at device 1.2 (no driver attached)

If you have the vendor and device IDs of that card then I can
add those. Chances are that you'll see more :-)

BTW: You should be able to find the vendor and device ID in
EFI.

HTH,

--
Marcel Moolenaar