rsync again

Simon L. Nielsen simon at FreeBSD.org
Wed Mar 7 20:54:28 UTC 2007

On 2007.03.07 15:51:25 +0100, Rudolf Cejka wrote:

> PS: Please, is there anybody from ftp-master? Is it possible to try
> to give bigger priority to ftp-master.eu, so that download for
> ftp-master.eu can be somewhat faster? Now it runs 50 - 200 KB/s.

It really depend on what's the reason for the performance issues.  The
load average of ftp-master is rarely that high (1-2), so I suspect the
main performance bottleneck is network bandwith, but that's just a
guess since I can't see how loaded the FreeBSD.org uplink is and it's
not possible currently (AFAIK) to see how much traffic ftp.

> Can I check the load on ftp-master somewhere, or could I get
> a ssh user access to ftp-master, so that I can check system/network
> load myself? Thank you very much.

Unless there is a very good reason we don't give out ssh login.  Do
you want me to check something specific?

Current loadavg:
 8:29PM  up 40 days, 17:15, 1 user, load averages: 0.89, 0.84, 1.07

--
Simon L. Nielsen
Hat: FreeBSD.org admins team