rsync again

Rudolf Cejka cejkar at fit.vutbr.cz
Wed Mar 7 14:51:27 UTC 2007

Rudolf Cejka wrote (2007/03/07):
> Hello, yes, there have been massive data changes on ftp-master, which
> resulted in full ports/sparc64 resync on ftp-master.eu, where cvsup
> during this time locks access to this directory. Unfortunately, sync
> is very slow now :o( and I do not know, when the sync will end up and
> the access will be allowed again.

Just a note - I restarted cvsup process, so it returned to more
common parts (i386 and so on), so new updates will sync something
again. Just please be patient until ftp-master.eu has a chance
to be in sync with ftp-master. There were unfortunately really too
big temporary changes, which resulted in these problems.

PS: Please, is there anybody from ftp-master? Is it possible to try
to give bigger priority to ftp-master.eu, so that download for
ftp-master.eu can be somewhat faster? Now it runs 50 - 200 KB/s.
Can I check the load on ftp-master somewhere, or could I get
a ssh user access to ftp-master, so that I can check system/network
load myself? Thank you very much.

--
Rudolf Cejka <cejkar at fit.vutbr.cz> http://www.fit.vutbr.cz/~cejkar
Brno University of Technology, Faculty of Information Technology