freebsd 4.9 alpha ports link points into i386 tree ?

jason andrade jason at rtfmconsult.com
Wed Jan 21 19:23:42 PST 2004

On Wed, 21 Jan 2004, Ken Smith wrote:

> When compared to the sizes of everything else in the FTP site doing
> this might not be the best idea because it breaks being able to
> carry one specific architecture if the architecture you choose
> isn't the one with the "real" ports file.  It does save us a little
> space but...

unless by default you make the i386 architecture the one with the
actual ports tree and you carry the i386 architecture.  are there any
official mirrors that don't carry at least i386 in addition to
any others ?

i'm not trying to create any extra work here - just trying to
figure out how to get things consistent.. or perhaps i am
suffering from obsessive compulsive behaviour after all..

and while we're at it.. there were a few other questions
about some other directories...

regards,

-jason