freebsd 4.9 alpha ports link points into i386 tree ?

Ken Smith kensmith at cse.Buffalo.EDU
Wed Jan 21 19:46:54 PST 2004

On Thu, Jan 22, 2004 at 01:23:39PM +1000, jason andrade wrote:

> unless by default you make the i386 architecture the one with the
> actual ports tree and you carry the i386 architecture.  are there any
> official mirrors that don't carry at least i386 in addition to
> any others ?
>
> i'm not trying to create any extra work here - just trying to
> figure out how to get things consistent.. or perhaps i am
> suffering from obsessive compulsive behaviour after all..

That's the only layout that would make sense I think (i386 holding
the 'master' copy) right now.  But how long before amd64 takes over? :-)

I don't mind the extra "work" but given the relatively small size
and the dynamics of multiple people doing the builds my guess is
we'd have fewer mistakes made if we shoot for the consistency being
separate files for the individual architectures.  But I don't feel
strongly enough about it that I can't be convinced I'm wrong. :-)

> and while we're at it.. there were a few other questions
> about some other directories...

If that's a reference to the previous message I'll see what I can
come up with.  I knew a few of the answers but not all.  :-(

--
						Ken Smith
- From there to here, from here to      |       kensmith at cse.buffalo.edu
  there, funny things are everywhere.   |