[FreeBSD-Announce] FreeBSD 5.1 Released!

jason andrade jason at rtfmconsult.com
Tue Jun 10 07:17:43 PDT 2003

On Tue, 10 Jun 2003, Oliver Fromme wrote:

> That won't be possible, at least for me.  I am FTP admin at
> ftp7.de, but I am not root on that machine, so I cannot
> create ssh accounts.  Even if I was root there, I wouldn't
> be allowed to create ssh accounts for "strangers", because
> it is a university machine.  (It doesn't matter whether the
> account is restricted to one command via an ssh key.)

that's a bummer.  but perhaps we can come up with two sets
of triggers.  one is via ssh, the other is the more normal
'polling' system.  the master updates a file.. which is
periodically checked on some clients, and if the date in it
is later than they previously had, it causes an update ?

regards,

-jason