StorageWorks

Wilko Bulte wb at freebie.xs4all.nl
Sat Dec 24 13:45:14 PST 2005

On Sun, Dec 25, 2005 at 12:15:28AM +0300, Anton Nikiforov wrote..
> Wilko Bulte wrote:
>
> >On Sat, Dec 24, 2005 at 02:13:38AM +0300, Anton Nikiforov wrote..
> >
> >>Dear ALL!
> >>I have a Intel XEON based server and Compaq StorageWorks FC adapter with
> >>FC disk subsystem.
> >>I did not found any info about drivers available in
> >>FreeBSD-5.4-RELEASE-p8 (maybe vendor developed drivers/utilities?).
> >>
> >>Could you please help? is there any solution to make this three parts
> >>(server, FC adapter and disk subsystem) to work under FreeBSD?
> >

> >*What* Compaq StorageWorks adapter?  There are lots of different
> >adapters, both from own Compaq production as well as QLogic and Emulex
> >OEM origin.  Only the Qlogics have a driver in FreeBSD, isp(4).
> >
> Hello and thanks for the replay.
> Here is what i can find in the board
> Compaq
> 1999 compaq
> 66MHz 64bit PCI controller
> SP# 161290-001
> DG# 010007-000
> AS# 010006-001
> Rev 0E
> P225C0EBFK3JXE
> The biggest chip is Agilent Tachyon TS HPFC-5166A/1.2 L2C1090 J 0026
> WEC26005
>
> On the other side:
> BOARD NO 01008-001 A/W REV A FAB REV A
> 2000 (logo) NM4 94V-0
>
> Could you please tell me if this will work under FreeBSD? Because i
> cannot find any QLogic lables or chips. And cannot take this to "play"

No luck I'm afraid.  Like you say, the Qlogic chips are easily
distinguishable.  What you have sounds like a Compaq-design, the folks
in HOU used to use the Tachyon chips quite a lot.  These days we OEM
most (all?) of the FC HBAs.

--
Wilko Bulte				wilko at FreeBSD.org