StorageWorks

Anton Nikiforov anton at nikiforov.ru
Sat Dec 24 13:15:54 PST 2005

Wilko Bulte wrote:

> On Sat, Dec 24, 2005 at 02:13:38AM +0300, Anton Nikiforov wrote..
>
>>Dear ALL!
>>I have a Intel XEON based server and Compaq StorageWorks FC adapter with
>>FC disk subsystem.
>>I did not found any info about drivers available in
>>FreeBSD-5.4-RELEASE-p8 (maybe vendor developed drivers/utilities?).
>>
>>Could you please help? is there any solution to make this three parts
>>(server, FC adapter and disk subsystem) to work under FreeBSD?
>

> *What* Compaq StorageWorks adapter?  There are lots of different
> adapters, both from own Compaq production as well as QLogic and Emulex
> OEM origin.  Only the Qlogics have a driver in FreeBSD, isp(4).

Hello and thanks for the replay.
Here is what i can find in the board
Compaq
1999 compaq
66MHz 64bit PCI controller
SP# 161290-001
DG# 010007-000
AS# 010006-001
Rev 0E
P225C0EBFK3JXE
The biggest chip is Agilent Tachyon TS HPFC-5166A/1.2 L2C1090 J 0026
WEC26005

On the other side:
BOARD NO 01008-001 A/W REV A FAB REV A
2000 (logo) NM4 94V-0

Could you please tell me if this will work under FreeBSD? Because i
cannot find any QLogic lables or chips. And cannot take this to "play"
before i buy it. I do want to be sure for 80% that this will work :)
Could you please help?

Best regards,
Anton