nForce3 NIC on 5.3 (i386)

chance chance at orionis.net
Wed Jan 19 13:59:02 PST 2005

Jason Henson wrote:

> When you first load the driver you have to reboot or run some scripts
> by hand.  After the install did you reboot with no other changes and
> it  not work?  IIRC, you need linux loaded as well as miibus.  I made
> a pr  about the nvnet port being out of date and it was updated so the
> nic  would work in 64bit mode.

In fact I did reboot after install and confirmed that both the miibus
and if_nv were loaded. However I read from various sources that linux
compatibility is not required. So I tried without, I will give it a try
with linux emulation loaded, just to be sure.

What comes to the PCI IDs, it seems to me they are there. At least in
the source part of the freebsd fix. I could not verify what is included
in the linux binary, but the nVidia site claims that these drivers
support nForce3 and so I have heard they do.

Regards,

chance.