nForce3 NIC on 5.3 (i386)

Jason Henson jason at ec.rr.com
Wed Jan 19 19:32:32 PST 2005

On 01/19/05 16:59:07, chance wrote:
> Jason Henson wrote:
>
>> When you first load the driver you have to reboot or run some
>> scripts  by hand.  After the install did you reboot with no other
>> changes and it  not work?  IIRC, you need linux loaded as well as
>> miibus.  I made a pr  about the nvnet port being out of date and it
>> was updated so the nic  would work in 64bit mode.
>>
> In fact I did reboot after install and confirmed that both the miibus
> and if_nv were loaded. However I read from various sources that linux
> compatibility is not required. So I tried without, I will give it a
> try with linux emulation loaded, just to be sure.
>
> What comes to the PCI IDs, it seems to me they are there. At least in
> the source part of the freebsd fix. I could not verify what is
> included in the linux binary, but the nVidia site claims that these
> drivers support nForce3 and so I have heard they do.
>
> Regards,
>
> chance.

BTW checkout this link
http://www.onthenet.com.au/~q/nvnet/

You say the ids seem to be there, do you mean in /usr/ports/net/nvnet/
wprk/src/if_nvreg.h?

This will be different on your machine:
$ pciconf -lv|grep nv
nv0 at pci0:4:0:   class=0x020000 card=0x10001695 chip=0x006610de rev=0xa1
hdr=0x00

but does the chip equal 0x00D610de  on your machine?  D6 is the chip id
an 10de is for manufacturer.