problems rhythmbox 0.9.3.1

Suleiman Souhlal ssouhlal at FreeBSD.org
Sun Feb 12 03:17:33 PST 2006

Joe Marcus Clarke wrote:

> Sorry, this doesn't work.  On closer inspection, all events would be
> ignored by r-b if this was done.  I've copied Jean-Yves and Suleiman on
> this to get their opinion.  I checked how Linux's inotify works, and
> they have separate events for st_atime changing vs. other attributes
> (IN_ACCESS vs. IN_ATTRIB).  Perhaps we should do something similar.

Sounds like a reasonable thing to do. I'll try to implement it, by
adding a NOTE_ACCESS knote, but I don't think this can make it to the
6.x branch.

> In the meantime, the best solutions I can come up with are to disable
> NOTE_ATTRIB processing in gamin, or turn off library monitoring in
> rhythmbox.

I think the best solution would be to have a way to tell gamin which
events we care about (I don't really know anything about gamin, so there
may already be such a thing).
Alternatively, you can mount your filesystem with the noatime option.

-- Suleiman