evolution-data-server-1.2.1 links to the wrong libraries

Kevin Oberman oberman at es.net
Sat Mar 19 22:12:44 PST 2005

I have been fighting with a 4-Stable system and the gnome2.10 upgrade.

Yes, I followed directions and ran the script, but it simply refused to
rebuild ximian-connector. I think it failed because evolution-data-server
linked to the kerberos/crypto libraries in /usr/lib while
ximian-connector links with the Heimdahl versions in
/usr/local/lib.

/usr/libexec/elf/ld: warning: libkrb5.so.3, needed by /usr/X11R6/lib/libcamel-provider-1.2.so, may conflict with libkrb5.so.20
/usr/libexec/elf/ld: warning: libasn1.so.3, needed by /usr/X11R6/lib/libcamel-provider-1.2.so, may conflict with libasn1.so.6
/usr/libexec/elf/ld: warning: libroken.so.3, needed by /usr/X11R6/lib/libcamel-provider-1.2.so, may conflict with libroken.so.16
/usr/libexec/elf/ld: warning: libgssapi.so.3, needed by /usr/X11R6/lib/libcamel-provider-1.2.so, may conflict with libgssapi.so.5

This leads to failure as some routines needed are not found in the
/usr/lib libraries.

/usr/lib/libc.so.4: WARNING!  des_cipher(3) not present in the system!
/usr/lib/libkrb5.so.3: undefined reference to `des_is_weak_key'
/usr/lib/libkrb5.so.3: undefined reference to `des_pcbc_encrypt'
/usr/lib/libkrb5.so.3: undefined reference to `des_cfb64_encrypt'

and so on. That is as far as it goes. V5 and current don't have this
problem as they have Heimdahl in the base system.

Is there something else I need to re-build to get this working or is
there something that needs fixing in evolution-data-server?

(I am also unable to re-build inuspluginwrapper or gcompris2. I don't
know if thee is any relation between these.
--
R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
Energy Sciences Network (ESnet)