evolution-data-server-1.2.1 links to the wrong libraries

Joe Marcus Clarke marcus at marcuscom.com
Sat Mar 19 22:47:37 PST 2005

On Sat, 2005-03-19 at 22:12 -0800, Kevin Oberman wrote:
> I have been fighting with a 4-Stable system and the gnome2.10 upgrade.
>
> Yes, I followed directions and ran the script, but it simply refused to
> rebuild ximian-connector. I think it failed because evolution-data-server
> linked to the kerberos/crypto libraries in /usr/lib while
> ximian-connector links with the Heimdahl versions in
> /usr/local/lib.
>
> /usr/libexec/elf/ld: warning: libkrb5.so.3, needed by /usr/X11R6/lib/libcamel-provider-1.2.so, may conflict with libkrb5.so.20
> /usr/libexec/elf/ld: warning: libasn1.so.3, needed by /usr/X11R6/lib/libcamel-provider-1.2.so, may conflict with libasn1.so.6
> /usr/libexec/elf/ld: warning: libroken.so.3, needed by /usr/X11R6/lib/libcamel-provider-1.2.so, may conflict with libroken.so.16
> /usr/libexec/elf/ld: warning: libgssapi.so.3, needed by /usr/X11R6/lib/libcamel-provider-1.2.so, may conflict with libgssapi.so.5
>
> This leads to failure as some routines needed are not found in the
> /usr/lib libraries.
>
> /usr/lib/libc.so.4: WARNING!  des_cipher(3) not present in the system!
> /usr/lib/libkrb5.so.3: undefined reference to `des_is_weak_key'
> /usr/lib/libkrb5.so.3: undefined reference to `des_pcbc_encrypt'
> /usr/lib/libkrb5.so.3: undefined reference to `des_cfb64_encrypt'
>
> and so on. That is as far as it goes. V5 and current don't have this
> problem as they have Heimdahl in the base system.
>
> Is there something else I need to re-build to get this working or is
> there something that needs fixing in evolution-data-server?
>
> (I am also unable to re-build inuspluginwrapper or gcompris2. I don't
> know if thee is any relation between these.

I think I've fixed e-d-s.  It will now use the same Kerberos build
scheme that ximian-connector uses.  As far as I know, gcompris2 is still
broken, but I think ahze and/or mezz is working on that.
Linuxpluginwrapper builds fine for me on 5.X.  I haven't tried on 6.X,
but I believe this to be a completely different problem.