[ft-devel] Re: xorg crashes with freetype2-2.1.10

James Cloos cloos at jhcloos.com
Sun Jul 24 20:54:29 GMT 2005

>>>>> "Werner" == Werner LEMBERG <wl at gnu.org> writes:

Werner> The other problem (reported by James) could be a different
Werner> bug, probably in the cmap code of FreeType, and for his
Werner> particular problem I would like to see a backtrace.

I wasn't reporting the bug, just following up on previous notes that
it manifests for some fonts but not others, and for some people but
not others.  My results suggest that those who saw the crash used
16bit encodings and those who did not used 8 bit encodings.

But that presumption could be wrong and it could be an unlreated bug.

(I have to admit I was rather a bit exhausted and didn't think of the
latter when I posted the results.... :-/ )

-JimC
--
James H. Cloos, Jr. <cloos at jhcloos.com>