[ft-devel] Re: xorg crashes with freetype2-2.1.10

Joe Marcus Clarke marcus at FreeBSD.org
Sun Jul 24 19:47:29 GMT 2005

On Sun, 2005-07-24 at 21:43 +0200, Werner LEMBERG wrote:

> > > Thanks for all your tests, but to really find out the problem we
> > > need backtraces, which I was told is not an easy thing with X.
> >
> > We have one in my original report.  It has full debugging symbols,
> > and shows exactly where in xorg the symbol is being dereferenced.
>
> There are two problems.  The one with your backtrace shows that this
> particular xorg version uses an internal function of FreeType which
> has changed.  I think David T. can answer this better (after returning
> from his vacation) since he has already written some patches for main
> applications to avoid FreeType internals.

Cool.  Yeah, that's exactly what it looks like.  Apparently, keithp is
also on vacation, and may have a way of fixing this in xorg when he gets
back.

> The other problem (reported by James) could be a different bug,
> probably in the cmap code of FreeType, and for his particular problem
> I would like to see a backtrace.

Ah, gotcha.

Joe

--
Joe Marcus Clarke
FreeBSD GNOME Team      ::      gnome at FreeBSD.org