[ft-devel] Re: xorg crashes with freetype2-2.1.10

Hin-Tak Leung hintak_leung at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Jul 24 22:54:53 GMT 2005

James Cloos wrote:
> My test of the freetype module showed that I could cause a crash by
> encoding never caused a crash.  I didn't try any other sixteen bit
> encodings (such as legacy CJK encodings) and I didn't try otf or
> type1 fonts in that test.

Hmm, I did try the "xfd -fn ..." route with a few of the MS fonts
at -iso10646-1 encoding. (I reckon there is no point trying the iso8859-X
ones, as since they are so common, if there is any problem if would be
"head-line news"), and I couldn't crash my X server.

And I did try the arphic fonts at big5 encoding (well, my favourite),
can't get it to crash either.