Bug Report: Firefox Fails to Build

Radek Kozlowski radek at raadradd.com
Sat Apr 2 09:36:57 PST 2005

[please keep the list CC'ed]

On Sat, Apr 02, 2005 at 11:30:13AM -0500, Bill Blum wrote:
> On Apr 2, 2005 11:02 AM, Radek Kozlowski <radek at raadradd.com> wrote:
> > On Sat, Apr 02, 2005 at 10:46:28AM -0500, Bill Blum wrote:
> > > Hi there--
> > >
> > > I was trying to build firefox today, and the build failed.   Hardware
> > > is a Pentium II-333, 384 MB RAM, running 5-STABLE.
> >
> > This has been asked many times on the list. You need to upgrade
> > libtool15.
>
> Which mailing list?

The freebsd-gnome mailing list, on which you asked your question.

> The first stop for a lot of people is the FreeBSD problem reports
> database.

The problem was that some of your ports were not up-to-date and the
version of firefox you are trying to compile needs newer version of
them. So it's a good practice to search the mailing lists and/or google
before asking.

Also, see the FAQ:
http://www.freebsd.org/gnome/docs/faq2.html#q2

> Shouldn't libtool be added as a dependency to the port if this has
> been asked many times on the list?

No, I was wrong, sorry. It's freetype2 that should be first upgraded,
like Michael said.

-Radek