Bug Report: Firefox Fails to Build

Bill Blum bill.blum at gmail.com
Sat Apr 2 12:29:01 PST 2005

On Apr 2, 2005 12:36 PM, Radek Kozlowski <radek at raadradd.com> wrote:
> [please keep the list CC'ed]

My apologies.

> > > This has been asked many times on the list. You need to upgrade
> > > libtool15.
> >
> > Which mailing list?
>
> The freebsd-gnome mailing list, on which you asked your question.

Again, my apologies--
/usr/ports/www/firefox/pkg-message contains the following phrasing:
---
Any bug reports should be addressed to the maintainers at:
       gnome at FreeBSD.org
---

I didn't parse that email address as a FreeBSD mailing list ( the lack
of a 'freebsd-' in front of the gnome), and just assumed that was a
mail alias for the maintainers....  but now I know.

> The problem was that some of your ports were not up-to-date and the
> version of firefox you are trying to compile needs newer version of
> them. So it's a good practice to search the mailing lists and/or google
> before asking.

And my choice of keywords was obviously not appropriate to return any

> No, I was wrong, sorry. It's freetype2 that should be first upgraded,
> like Michael said.

Well, thanks for the help, Radek and Michael.    It's apparently worked.

Once the compile finishes, I'll do a portupgrade -a.